- Operational Windows Server or workstation with Internet Information Service (IIS) 7.5 or higher installed. Click here for instructions on setting up IIS
- .NET Framework 4.0 framework installed.
- The Windows Server that will be running Local Streaming must be attached to the domain.
- Static External IP Address
- Provide a server with an SSL certificate
Setting up SSLS
1. Download and unzip a copy of:
2. Right-click the SmartSuiteLocalService_Installer.exe and select "Run as Administrator" to install the Download Manager.
3. Let's fill out the Form section by section starting with
- Enter your Org ID - If you are unsure of your Org ID create a ticket in the MailBox and ask us.
- Enter the Key given to you by our CS staff
- Enter the Secret given to you by our CS staff
4. Click Check Settings.
If you have set up Local Streaming before and you have clicked Check Settings. The application will check our servers for any information it can populate for you. Things like Service URL and School's External IP
- Install Path - Select the install path
- Local Site - Select the website you are installing the SSLS to
- Domain - If you are using a Domain Admin account enter the Domain here.
- Admin User - Enter the user that the service will use to run
- Admin Password - Enter the password for the Admin user.
- Service URL - Enter the Service URL
School External IP - Enter the sites external IP (This is used to determine where the local stream is coming from)
- Local File Path - Enter the file path you want the downloaded items to live.
- SmartSuite URL - Enter your sites SmartSuite/TV4Education URL. If you are unsure of your Org ID create a ticket in the MailBox and ask us.
The two tick boxes at the bottom.
- Service URL accessible outside school - Is the URL externally accessible?
- School External IP is a dedicated IP - The IP cannot be Dynamic.
Once you have entered all the information click Install.
You can follow the install process on the right. If the install is successful you will receive the following popup, Click op to complete the install.
Configuring the SSLS Download Service
Once you have completed the installation of the SSLS you will be able to access the Configurator. To access it follow the steps below.
1. In an internet browser, Navigate to http://localhost/ssls
This will ask you to create a password for the configurator.
Create a password of your choosing. then click Set Password
2. You will be taken to the login page and you will be asked to enter the password you just created.
3. Once logged in the configuration page will appear. Click on TV4Education Service Configuration to get started
This page should have picked up most of the information from the install process, If not make sure you enter in the correct information. There are a few new fields that were not in the Installer that I will explain what they are.
- Proxy fields - If your site uses a proxy to get to the internet, Be sure to enter the proxy details.
- Start Time / End Time - The Service is run on a schedule so you can set the start and end time and the system will only download programs within these specified times.
- Query Days - This field will tell the service how many days it needs to go back and check what needs to be downloaded. If you are running this service for the first time enter "-1" This will get everything that has been added to the library site.
Once you have entered in all the relevant information it should look like this. IF it does, click Save.
4. Saving the config will log you out of the configurator. Log back in when prompted and go back to TV4Education Service Configuration.
5. Click the Start Local Download Service button. when the service has been activated you will see the following message.
"Local download service has been started as configuration above"
Managing the SSLS download service.
Once you have started the service you will be able to see what needs to be downloaded. To do this follow the steps below.
1. Navigate to http://localhost/ssls and log in using your password.
2. Click on the TV4Education Local Download Management option.
3. The management page will appear. Here you can see the status of your local files as well as the download progress (If you are checking during the scheduled download times)
Let's have a look at the fields I will explain their meaning.
- Local Stream - If it is set to Enabled this means that the local service has downloaded the file and can locate it in the local file path. If it is set to Disable either the file has not yet been downloaded or it cannot find it in the local path.
- Title - Title of the record. This matches the title in your SmartSuite catalogue.
- Download Date - Date that service downloaded the item
- Catalogue Date - Date that the program was added to your SmartSuite catalogue
- Local File - This is the file name in the folder.