Installing the Local Streaming Service
1. Download and unzip a copy of:
2. Double click the Setup.exe to install the Download Manager.
3. Click Next, then enter your school's TV4Education Username and School Name. If you do not have these details, please contact Support via the Mailbox.
4. Click Next. The install will start. When the Install Process is complete, tick the Launch the Program option and then click Finish.
Configuring the Local Replication Download Manager Settings.
1. The Local Replication Download Manager will open on the computer.
2. By default, the download manager is set to start downloading at 22:00 and finish at 05:00. If you'd like to alter the time, change the Start Time and End Time in the specified fields.
3. Query Days: This setting lets the download manager know how many days to go back and look for downloads. For example, if it is set to 1 then it will go back one day and download the programs you downloaded that day. By default, it is set to -1 which will download all content in your history if it doesn't already exist locally.
4. Username: This should contain your TV4Education Username.
5. File Location: This is the file path where your multimedia is stored. This should be the location that the IIS Virtual Directory pointing to, e.g. C:\vlibrary\multimedia\tv4education\
If you do not use a Proxy, please skip to step 10.
6. Proxy Address: If you are required to use a Proxy to browse the Internet put the proxy address in here.
7. Proxy Port: This is the Proxy Port if you are required to use a Proxy to browse the Internet Please enter the Port in the required box.
8. Proxy Username: If you are using a proxy and it requires a username please enter the username in here.
9. Proxy Password: If you are using a proxy and it requires a username and password please enter the password in here.
If you are unsure about the proxy details you need to enter you can check with your IT what you should be using, or we can assist on the phone if needed.
7. Click Save Settings and then click Start Now to test the setting.
8. Once you have completed these steps, please send the contents of the file to email@example.com
"C:\Program Files\FUNCTIONAL SOLUTIONS\TV4EducationPlus_LocalService\InstallKey.key"