Any manipulation of data within SmartSuite, whether loan information or catalogue information, can be performed using Smart Global Functions.
1. Click -> Configuration -> Global Functions.
2. From the toolbar at the bottom of the window, click the button.
3. From the Global Function Group drop down, select Catalogue.
4. From the Function drop down, select Main Title.
5. Using the search fields, lookup the titles you wish to update the media type for.
6. From the toolbar at the bottom of the window, click the button.
7. A list of all catalogue records which match your criteria will now be displayed.
8. If you want to update the media type for ALL items on the list, go to step (9).
If you want to update the media type for a selected number of items, select them by placing a tick into the box on the left of each title. Once your selection has been made, go to step (9).
9. From the toolbar at the bottom of the window, click .
10. Ensure your change is going to be affect the correct items from step (8) by selecting either:
Items by Filter: All items in the list from step (8).
Items Selected: Only items ticked from step (8).
11. Change the function criteria to
12. Select your new Media in the Search Media field.
13. Click .
14. Verify the changes and click .