Do you have some PDF files or recirded school plays that you want to upload to SmartSuite so that your teachers and students can access them at any time and from anywhere? Follow the steps below.
- There are two stages to complete.
Stage 1. Uploading the file in File Upload.
1. Click -> Catalogue -> File Upload.
The File Upload module will appear.
2. Make sure that your personal folder is selected by clicking on your name.
3. Find your file and drag it into the dotted section.
The file will be uploaded.
To get the share link for the file.
You will need to add this to your catalogue record so that users can view the uploaded item from the school's collection page.
4. Right Click on the file you uploaded and select the "Share" option.
5. Copy the link. You will need this link in Stage 2.
Stage 2. You will need to create a catalogue record for the multimedia file you have uploaded in stage 1. This is so you can find the record in the catalogue.
Follow the steps in the link below to add your new catalogue record.
1. Click -> Catalogue -> Catalogue.
2. From the toolbar at the bottom of the window, click the on the New button.
SmartSuite will create a new blank record.
4. Begin completing the fields for your new title.
5. Select URL from the catalogue tabs and enter in the URL along with a description (remember the description is what is seen on the search page).
6. Click to save the record.
You can now search for the item on the school's collection.