SmartSuite allows you to set the Minimum user role which has access to different pages.
For example, if you assigned a Security Role of "Teacher" to the TV4Education page shortcut, once logged in, all Teachers, Circulation Users, Librarian Users and Administrators will be able to view and click the TV4Education page icon. However, if a student logs in, the icon will be hidden from their view.
Admin / Teacher view:
1. Log into SmartSuite with an account which has administration rights.
2. Click on the Menu button and select the Page Settings button.
3. Click on the Configure Shortcuts button.
The shortcut configuration settings will appear.
4. Scroll to the bottom to locate the empty fields
There are two ways you can create a shortcut:
a. Select page - This will let you select an existing SmartSuite page to add as a shortcut on that page.
For example, You can add a shortcut to the Catalogue on the Global Catalogue page.
b. URL - This allows you to enter any URL to add as a shortcut on that page.
For example, You can add a shortcut to Wheelers from your home page.
5. Once you have entered the information you want. Hit + Add New.
6. Click Save to save the changes.