Bulk copy allows you to generate multiple copies against the same title quickly and easily.
i) You are using pre-printed barcode labels
(e.g. supplied by a barcode supplier).
ii) Barcodes are in chronological order
(e.g. If you have 23 copies to catalogue, they are within the same range.
Barcodes: 637 -> 660).
iii) Any barcode within the range doesn't already exist in the catalogue
(e.g. 645 has already been assigned to a copy in the collection and you're about to generate 23 copies starting at barcode 637).
1. Click -> Catalogue -> Catalogue.
2. From the toolbar at the bottom of the window, click the up arrow on the +New button.
3. Select Bulk Copy from the options.
4. Enter the first barcode of the range you wish to use into the First Barcode field.
5. Enter how many copies you would like to generate into the Number to create field.
6. Complete the remaining fields for the copies you are about to bulk generate.
7. Select the Barcode Format your using.
N.B: If you are unaware of your barcode format, please contact your Barcode Supplier OR FSI Customer Service for assistance.
8. Click .
9. SmartSuite will begin generating your copies.
Once the generate process is completed, please review the audit log for any errors (e.g. Duplicate barcode errors).
View the video below.