Welcome letters are customisable introductory letters in SmartSuite that you can send to patrons who have never logged into SmartSuite via email. The default letters include steps to log in for admin, teachers and students.
Be sure to read the Welcome Letters - Prerequisites help article before continuing.
1) Click -> Reports -> Reports
2) Under "Reports Created By FSI" select 'Welcome Letters'
3) Choose the welcome letter you want to use and select . For this help article, 'Bulk Email' will be selected.
- 'New Admin Staff - Once Off Letter' - Designed to be sent out to new librarian or administrator
- '[TV4Ed] - New staff member - Once Off Letter' - Designed to be sent out to a single teacher
- '[TV4Ed] - New staff member - Bulk Email' - Designed to be out to a group of new teachers
- '[TV4Ed] - New Student - Bulk Email' - Designed to be sent out to a group of new students
- '[TV4Ed] - New Student - Once Off Letter' - Designed to be sent out to a single student.
4) Fill out the Search Parameters. Once these search parameters have been entered and confirmed, click .
- Classgrade: Either leave blank to send to all teachers/students who haven't logged in or select a classgrade. For example, choose classgrade 7 if you have a new set of year 7 students.
- User Role: Confirm which user role you sending the welcome letter to, this field will be filled with the role of what is titled in the report. Teacher for New Staff member login and Student for new Student Once Off Letter.
- Login Status: This should always be set to 'blank' to tell the report to only include patrons that have never logged into the system.
5) A preview of the welcome letter will appear. [First Name] will be populated with the patron's first name, and [Email] will be populated with the patron's email address. Verify one or two to see if they are correct and if they are press .
3) Confirm what you want to be included in the Subject field as this is what the patron will see in their emails. One happy, select . You'll be asked to verify which emails you are sending the welcome letter to. To finalize and send the emails click 'HERE'.
Additionally, you can watch Jacob's walkthrough Welcome Letters in our SmartSuite Live Session