Welcome letters are a customisable introductory letters to SmartSuite that you can send to patrons who have never logged into SmartSuite via email. The default letters include steps to log in for admin, teachers and students.
Be sure to read the Welcome Letters - Prerequisites help article before continuing.
Part 1: Accessing Welcome Letters
1) Click -> Reports -> Reports
2) Under "Reports Created By FSI" select 'Welcome Letters'
3) Choose the welcome letter you want to use and select
- 'New Admin Staff - Once Off Letter' - Designed to be sent out to new librarian or administrator
- '[TV4Ed] - New staff member - Once Off Letter' - Designed to be sent out to a single teacher
- '[TV4Ed] - New staff member - Bulk Email' - Designed to be out to a group of new teachers
- '[TV4Ed] - New Student - Bulk Email' - Designed to be sent out to a group of new students
- '[TV4Ed] - New Student - Once Off Letter' - Designed to be sent out to a single student.
Part 2: Once Off Letters
Patron Barcode: Enter the barcodes of the patrons you want to send the one once off letter too.
User Role: Confirm which user role you sending the welcome letter to, this field will be filled with the role of what is titled in the report. Administrator & Librarian for Admin Once off letter, Teacher for New Staff member log in and Student for new Student Once Off Letter.
Login Status: This should always be set to 'blank' to tell the report to only include patrons that have never logged into the system.
Once these search parameters have been entered and confirmed, click .
A preview of the welcome letter will appear. [First Name] will be populated with the patron's first name, [Email] will be populated with the patron's email address.
Next, press .
Confirm what you want included in the Subject field as this is what the patron will see in their emails. One happy, select . You'll be asked to verify which email you are sending the welcome letter to and asked to click 'HERE' to send.
A confirmation pop up will appear saying that the email has been sent.
Additionally you can watch Jacob walkthrough Welcome Letters in our SmartSuite Live Session