Bulk Importing Teachers
Please note that there is a minimum amount of information that is required to complete an import. The fields needed
- First Name
- Barcode (Staff ID)
1. Click -> Patron -> Patron Import.
2. From the main Smart Patron Import page, select the format of your patron import file (CSV or TAB).
3. Uncheck the "Has Header" box if your import file does not have the field headers in the first line.
4. Click and choose the file from your computer.
5. Once the file has been uploaded you will be taken to the "Template Mapping" page.
6. Select a "Merge by" option. (This is how SmartSuite will match users in the database, to users in your import file)
7. SmartSuite will automatically try to map the columns in the import file to the SmartSuite fields if the import file "Has Headers".
- If the field is highlighted , SmartSuite has mapped the field (verify it is correct).
- If the field is highlighted , SmartSuite has not been able to identify the data in the column.
8. When the columns appear in you will need will need to use the field drop down to select the SmartSuite field you wish to import into. The field will highlight yellow once you have selected a field.
9. Click on
10. This will add a new column at the end of the row where you will need to select ‘User Role’ from the drop-down selection.
11. Right Click on the drop-down menu and select Teacher from the drop-down.
12. Click .
13. The "Preview Changes" page will show you the changes that the Patron Import is about to perform.
If the data is being updated in SmartSuite, it will show:
- The data as it currently sits in the database in the Current Value field, highlighting the changes in red.
- The data that it will be changed to after the import in the Update Value field.
If the data is new it will show the new patron’s information.
14. Once you have confirmed that the data is going to be imported into the correct field click .
15. On the "Security Code" page you will be prompted to enter a security code to confirm the import.
N.B. Do not close your import window. Open a new browser tab and navigate to your Mailbox -> System Tab.
16. Copy the security code from the Mailbox into the patron import confirmation page and click.
17. The import will start, please note that if you close the browser the import will be cancelled.
18. Once the import has been successful, keep your import window open.
SmartSuite has the ability to undo an import if your fields were incorrectly mapped if you do not close or navigate away from the import page.
19. In a new tab, click -> Patron -> Patron Management
20. Verify the details of your newly imported patrons are correct.
21. If your patron's information is correct, your import has been a success.
If you've found issues with your import and want to undo your import
a) Go back to your import tab
b) Click Go back at the bottom of the window
d) Once the rollback has completed, you'll receive a completed message
3) Go back to step 1 and attempt your import again or contact FSI Customer Service for further assistance.