Bulk Importing Users
Please note that there is a minimum amount of information that is required to complete an import. The fields needed
- First Name
- Barcode (Student ID)
1. Click ->Patron -> Smart Patron Import.
2. From the main Smart Patron Import page, select the format of your patron import file (CSV or TAB).
3. Uncheck the "Has Header" box if your import file does not have the field headers in the first line.
4. Click the button and choose the file from your computer.
5. Once the file has been uploaded you will be taken to the "Template Mapping" page.
6. Select a "Merge by" option, (This is how SmartSuite will match users in the database, to users in your import file)
7. By default, the template mapping page will try to automatically assign the columns in the import file to the allocated SmartSuite fields if the import file "Has Headers".
- If the field is highlighted , the auto mapping has been successful.
- If the field is highlighted , the auto mapping has not been able to identify the data in the column.
8. When the columns appear in you will need will need to use the field drop down to select the SmartSuite field you wish to import into. The field will highlight yellow once you have selected a field.
9. Click .
10. The "Preview Changes" page will show you the changes that the Patron Import is about to perform.
If the data is being updated in SmartSuite, it will show:
- The data as it currently sits in the database in the Current Value field, highlighting the changes in red.
- The data that it will be changed to after the import in the Update Value field.
If the data is new it will show the new patron’s information.
11. Once you have confirmed that data is importing into the correct field click .
12. On the "Security Code" page you will be prompted to enter a security code to confirm the import.
N.B. Do not close your import window. Open a new browser tab and navigate to your Mailbox -> System Tab.
14. Copy the security code from the Mailbox into the patron import confirmation page and click
15. The import will start, please note that if you close the browser the import will be cancelled.
16. Once the import has been successful, keep your import window open.
SmartSuite has the ability to undo an import if your fields were incorrectly mapped if you do not close or navigate away from the import page.
17. In a new tab, click -> Patron -> Patron Management
18. Verify the details of your newly imported patrons are correct.
19. If your patron's information is correct, your import has been a success.
If you've found issues with your import and want to undo your import
a) Go back to your import tab
b) Click Go back at the bottom of the window
d) Once the rollback has completed, you'll receive a completed message
3) Go back to step 1 and attempt your import again or contact FSI Customer Service for further assistance.